Vitamin D

HELLO SEXY PEOPLE! Vitamin D here, a.k.a. your new best friend! When I’m not at the beach, I’m at home organizing my bikini collection, or otherwise flip-flopping my way through the 954, the 561, and the 305 on a mission to find the best concerts, comedians, clubs, chaos, fascinating people, and all-around good times. Hope you dig! :)

Tuesday, November 07, 2006


WAS I RIGHT, OR WAS I RIGHT?

-- Kelly Slater was indeed in Sebastian this weekend (http://www.floridatoday.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20061105/SPORTS01/611050340/1002/SPORTS). I was going to post a description about what a good kisser he is, but that started turning into a long essay, so... Nah, just kidding. Unfortunately he was stealthy enough able to escape my hi-tech pro-surfer-catching trap -- with the cheese! -- unscathed. Seriously, though, I didn't go up there, but my friend -- oh, let's call her ShredderKitten -- reports that Slater spent 99 percent of the time in the water, but when he got out and was toweling off (are you getting the visuals?) that he was as gracious as ever. I trusted ShredderKitten to hit up the Quiksilver party and give us all the realted gossip (is Minnie Driver really dating one of the Malloy brothers -- surf-moviemusic-video gurus and friends-of-Jack-Johnson?), but she got drunk at the campsite without making it over there. That's my girl!

-- The Greenpeace/Surfrider project to bring attention to global warming had a great turnout. Full story here: (http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/news/local/states/florida/counties/broward_county/15932993.htm) Check out the picture:


-- If I wasn't stalking Kelly Slater, then where was I, you ask? Actually checking out the dark side -- or the artsy side -- at the noise. water. meat. art/noise show at Roxanne's. First, props to these kids for putting on an event like this in the 954. It's so cool to see people trying to make a scene where they live, rather than whine about how much it sucks and how it would be so much better if they just moved to new york. There was some really cool photography (esp these large-format prints of soccer poles in a field, and an abandoned mattress) and paintings (especially this one of an alligator trying to bite a diamond ring). I was dumb and forgot to take notes, but if anyone knows who made these, please tell me because i wantto link to their sites (they must have MySpace pages) and maybe even go back and buy that alligator painting.

as far as the "music" -- they did experimental things, like hooking up a coffee grinder to a mic, and using a sewing machine for sound. I thought that was cool -- for the first three minutes, then it started getting really annoying. But then a wise man said to me, "Well, noise by definition is punishing and you can't get away from it." Well put. Actually, you could get away from it -- out front they had videos showing a makeshift cabana, and also a school desk with a pen and piece of paper, and a picee of Toblerone chocolate that you could eat -- if you dared. Anywyay, like I said, props to Phoenecia, Richard Vergez, Whistling School for Boys, and Threat for poking our brains a little bit. Check this MySpace page for more: www.myspace.com/noisewatermeat


-- And the reports are in: photographer Annie Liebovitz was lovely last night. My other spy -- let's call him SprechenZieAwesome -- was out and about, faithfully documenting everything rad in the 305.

Here are some of his pictures, and links to his site (www.coolpool.us):


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home